Pupils taking general studies at my school have been writing a short story about the communication breakdown to challenges related to intercultural communication. Here is a document where you will find the task along with the assessment criteria. Here is the assessment form we used to correct the short stories. A big thanks to my colleagues Hanne Bjerke Vasshaug og Linn Therese Jostem for collaboration, and critical input in development of this task.
These are the texts that we worked with:
1) The movie Outsourced. You can find the study guide for outsourced here.
2) This brilliant text about Intercultural C
3) A very professionally put-together video here about certain American habits that are offensive in other countries.
4) A video here that shows habits from all over the world that can be considered offensive by different cultures.
5) A text about tips for doing business in Japan here.
6) How culture imapcts the way we think and speak here.